Happy 4th of July, fellow Americans. I think my cousin said it best – we’ve had a troubled past, shaky present, and an uncertain future but we wouldn’t want to be anywhere else. We live in a country with many different cultures, and that’s something to be celebrated! Food gives us the gift of sharing our commonalities instead of our differences.
It’s grilling season and we’ve definitely be taking advantage of the beautiful weather in Los Angeles! We’re sharing our grilled rib eye, vegetables, and peanut coleslaw recipes today, it’s perfect for a well balanced meal to enjoy outdoors.
- 1 tbs Trader Joe’s Yuzu Hot Sauce (If you can’t find this Lemon juice and a pinch of cayenne pepper is great too)
- 2 tbs greek yogurt (if you want you can sub mayo instead)
- 1 tsp Honey
- 1/2 Cup roasted peanuts
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 2 cups Cole Slaw Mix (it saves so much time and money if you purchase the bagged cole slaw if you’re not serving 6 people or less)
- Combine all ingredients into a mixing bowl and mix until thoroughly combined (except peanuts and cabbage mix).
- Add cole slaw, mix until evenly coated, and top with peanuts. Chill until ready to serve.
- 2 zucchinis (serves 2 people)
- 2 bell peppers (your favorite color)
- Your favorite vegetables (i.e. asparagus, corn, squash)
- Cut vegetables into thick slices (so it doesn’t fall through the grill).
- Toss in olive oil, salt, and pepper (or your favorite seasoning)
- Grill after your rib eye until desired doneness.
Grilled rib eye
- Grilled rib eye steaks
- Sprouts Herb Seasoning (If you don’t have this seasoning you can use your favorite seasoning for steak. Honestly, good ol’ salt and pepper is the best)
- Olive Oil
- Remove steaks from packaging and let dry (overnight if possible). This will give you a nice crust on the outside.
- Liberally coat with olive oil and season your steaks. Set aside while you prepare veggies.
- For medium rare: grill steaks 5 mins on each side. Remove from heat. Let rest for 3 mins before slicing. For medium well: grill steaks 8 mins on 1 side, 5 mins on the other. Remove from heat. Let rest for 5 mins before slicing.